Can I see how well each publication, advertiser, and offer is doing as it is running?
Yes, Analog provides comprehensive reporting & analytics in real time to the publisher. Both publisher and advertiser get specific audit trails showing who has purchased, when and the amount.
What does the publisher need to do to make this successful?
The publisher’s sales team must be given a real and meaningful sales commission to sell the offer. This is the most important component of success!
The publisher must leverage existing assets and use their media in all forms to promote the offer. This includes, email, SEM, SEO, affiliate marketing and social networking. In many cases these technologies are not a core competency for the publisher. In those cases, Analog provides a suite of services to help drive traffic.
Equally important, the publisher must and should offer each advertiser an ongoing presence. This is not a “one trick pony” solution. Analog provides the publisher a suite of products including the industry’s leading coupon and discount certificate solutions, all of which can be used to leverage an advertiser’s visibility and ensure success for everyone.
Finally, the publisher, who knows the tenor of the community, needs to find deals that are fun, interesting and relevant to the people whom they serve. Mix it up with a bit of whimsy and eccentricity!
What does the publisher do in this process?
The publisher sells the daily or monthly offer and then creates and edits the content for each offer. Analog provides the software, templates, etc. and the publisher uses their existing resources, including graphics and a witty copy editor, to say something interesting about the advertiser and their offer.
What resources does Analog Analytics provide to the publisher?
Analog provides all of the software, templates and logistical support to run the daily campaign. Working in concert with the publisher, Analog co-designs and creates a template that can be easily populated with the Bigger Better Deal of the day. Analog also helps with electronic marketing – our libraries of graphic images and additional tools can help make it easy for the publisher to get to market.
The software is designed specifically for publishers so that it is easy to use, navigate and view reports.
Analog provides sales training for the sales team to explain the terms and process for the Bigger Better Deal so that they can get up and running quickly.
What makes the daily Bigger Better Deal different from competing deal of the day products?
- The Analog software is specifically designed to empower the local publisher to generate immediate revenue from the new model. Analog has a suite of business practices including a best-practice guide, accounting process document and more than a dozen specific processes to scale the publisher’s entire organization.
- The software is fault-tolerant and massively scalable. It is designed to support millions of simultaneous publishers and advertisers. The team previously created search algorithms for Microsoft and Yahoo. Before that, the team built fault-tolerant VoIP and wireless hardware and software for Cisco, Lucent, Alcatel and countless others.
- All of the technology and products are self-serve with robust analytics. This means the publisher or advertiser can create coupons, deal certificates, or Bigger Better Deals themselves.
- Mobile is completely integrated into the entire platform. Coupons and deals can be delivered to any mobile hand set and any mobile phone can find the deal in their neighborhood. Analog Analytics’ iPhone and Android application will be available Q2 of 2011.
- Analog provides a robust suite of traffic management services to drive traffic to the publisher’s web site. This includes: SEO, SEM, email, affiliate marketing and social networking.
- Analog offers the advertiser a continuous presence on the publisher’s web site with coupons and multiple deals.
In short, the most high-profile organization in every community is the local newspaper, radio or TV station. This traffic and inherent “brand value” enables the publisher to uniquely communicate with the local community of consumers.
How does the publisher get paid?
Analog does an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) via ACH to the publisher twice a month. The audit trail and reconciliation data is available online.
Can the publisher use mobile to deliver deals and notifications?
Yes. Analog offers one of the most sophisticated mobile advertising platforms in the world. Consumers can search for the local Bigger Better Deal or coupon and get a mobile notice of any offer via SMS. The iPhone/Android Application will be ready in Q2 of 2011.